Professional dancing is the hardest job I have ever had, on so many levels. I have had many moments this week that I have deeply considered why I do this and do I want to put my kid through this if she wants to take that path. It's been a hard week. I think a part of it is that dancer reviews are happening this week so everyone is stressed about their review and whether they will be asked back next year. All dancers are very hard on themselves and when one of my dancer friends is down or gets yelled at in rehearsal, I try to tell them something positive to help them shake it off and not beat themselves up so much. Locker room talk. So, I am going to make myself a list of why I LOVE to dance. My hopes are that this will help re-surface my positive energy and remind me of a few things.
I could make a really bad list of things right now....but I will refrain and get something from this blog, oh, yes I will.
1. I love doing something magnificant on stage and surprising myself. I also love totally becoming the dance or character and escaping into that for a few minutes on stage. It's a crazy high.
2. I love how in shape and healthy I feel....for my age.
3. I love the feeling of improvement or conquering a new something
3.5 I love being in the theater. It has a certain feeling and I could make a studio apartment on my own stage and feel right.
4. I love partnering, working together with someone in rehearsals and one stage as one.
5. I love developing a character and the process of creating the character more and more down to the little mannerisms.
6. I love being a role model to Jenavieve and getting opportunities to dance on stage with her.
7. Dancers are way cool people, most of them, and are the most capable people I know.
8. Man this is hard right now.....hmmmm, what else
9. I love dancing to live music and having live accompianists in class everyday.
10. Dance bloopers happen a lot and they are either funny or crazy stories like the time I broke Ryan's nose with my elbow.
11. I love pushing my body to see how far it can go...this should be #1 or #2
12. Grand Jete's are like flying through air
13. I like wearing some of the costumes and ballerina's always have the best earrings!
14. I love how dancing heals me and envelopes my mind.
15. I love to express my art and dance for people to enjoy.
16. I love the ongoing challenge
This is a good one to end with....on ongoing challenge.
Peace out.
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
3 comments:
You should print that out and keep in your ballet work bag.
Thats a good idea, thanks!
Thats a good idea, thanks!
Post a Comment