My first full day of being 32. Arg. I don't feel 32, or act 32. I tell people I am 47. I want some things you think 32 year olds would have, like more kids or a husband, a stable savings account and a good lasagna recipe. But I also relish in the creative youth I live in and defiance to be a grown up....yet. Some day that will probably be embarassing, but not yet. My day of birth celebration was quite good for a dull drum Wednesday. I had a good ballet class, which is huge and hard to come by these days for me. I am feeling back to normal in class. Out of my weird unconfident slump. My new good friend, Kathy (mother of Gabby who is one of Jenavieve's good friends) had flowers, a balloon and a box of fabulous local chocolates delivered to the dance studio for my birthday. The secret birthday idea was blown. I haven't received flowers/balloons/chocolate via delivery in eons, maybe since high school. It is exciting to get deliveries. My dancer friend Sada made two pans of heavenly brownies with dark chocolate frosting and brought them to class for me. In usual custom (Sada bakes for all the "nice" dancers on their birthdays. So sad for the mean ones), I put the brownies atop the piano in the studio in hopes the other dancers would indulge in brownies for breakfast too. Maybe it was the brownies and latte for breakfast that morning, but I had extra confidence in class that day, which I have desperately needed to express lately in ballet. That evening, the company had an in-studio show for the Boise Young Professionals group showbcasing a couple scenes of "A Midsummer Nights Dream". Considering I wasn't dancing, Ryan and I hit the Pie Hole Pizza joint for lunch and a couple beers. It was my birthday and Ryan encouraged me to drink pizza and eat beer for lunch. He twists my arm easily sometimes. After my day was done and I headed home with no birthday plans, I was surprised to walk into my house filled with streamers and balloons. Ryan had decorated the house for me and had a bottle of champagne and a new cd by Andrew Bird, for me. So sweet. His friend Sean came over and we bopped the balloons around the house, listened to Andrew Bird and finished off the champagne, Jameson Whiskey and the chocolate cake. Then we ordered a midnight pizza....yes more pizza. For no babysitter on a Wednesday night, we had a pretty solid un-32ish birthday party. Jenavieve even gave me a foot massage with her special lotion she bought with her own money. I always love getting birthday wishes from my family and friends on my birthday too. I am learning as I get older that the special calls and messages are what makes a birthday special. Thanks for all the kind birthday wishes. I really really appreciate them considering I am horrible at remembering people's birthdays. I did sleep in a little longer than planned today, but mangaged to manage and considering the comsumption of liquor, champagne, chocolate and pizza, I felt damn good for 32. I just can't say it......32. I will keep on with my story of telling people I am 47 to avoid the question of how old of a dancer I really am. Oh well, I have at least two thirds of a wonderful life left.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Jaimi! I'm glad you had a wonderful day. It's so nice to have great and thoughtful friends. I'm glad you had so many well wishes from loved ones. Just know that you look completely fabulous. While you may be 32 years old you certainly don't look like it. You look like you haven't aged a day since high school!
sounds like a great day/night! wish i was there to help you celebrate...32...wow...time flies...lindsay is right, you have aged since HS!
Happy Belated Birthday, Jaimi! 32 is still young...it's amazing how as you get older, those "old" ages don't seem so "old" anymore. What great friends you have to make it such a special day for you!
Post a Comment