Sunday, January 25, 2009

My character has calloused, my feet have not

It has been a rough week for me. More like a grueling week. Jenavieve and Ryan have put up with a lot of whining from me. Jenavieve has even given me foot massages for the last 2 nights that have lasted longer than 90 seconds before saying her hands were tired. I think she really feels sorry for my horrid condition. For the last 5 days I have lived with (and continued to put those evil evil pointe shoe things on) these feet.


I may still be feeling dramatic, but everyday this week I have experienced nasueating pain that has made me break out into body sweats. Our first day back from layoff and I got 4 busted blisters on my toes. The good news (that I have not been able to enjoy this week) is that I was cast as a fairy in Midsummer. Bad news for me is that the fairies do A LOT of dancing on pointe. I have come really close to despising all things ballet this week. I would have loved to be the part of tree that stands flat footed and doesn't move in Midsummer. Sunday night sitting on my couch, airing out my blisters, I am very excited and grateful for the initial casting. My sailor vocabulary has doubled this week.

Jenavieve went to her tea party today. She looked amazing in her dress and her pettycoat and her hair all done up. I gave her a pearl choker necklace to wear and keep that I wore to my first highschool homecoming dance with her dad. Here are some pictures of Jenavieve before the party. She doesn't look to thrilled in these pictures because she was annoyed with me for making her clean her room before going to the party. She also started to think she was going to be too overdressed for the occasion.






The party was at this immaculate house up in the foothills. When we pulled up to the house, I think Jenavieve was relieved to see other girls dressed up as fancy as she was. There were 12 little girls at the party and they made homemade butter and scones and drank tea. They each got their own beautiful aprons and played jacks. Jenavieve said it was the coolest party she has ever been too.

6 comments:

::lindsay said...

Oh, your poor feet! Just the thought of you putting back on the pointe shoes today make me cringe. Ouch!

Jenevieve looked so pretty for her party. What a great idea.

And who's Ryan?

Erin said...

your feet, ugh jaimi...i am so sorry! but congrats on your role!! do those blister bandaids work? i remember using them a few times, when i USED to work out! anyways, jenavieve is so pretty...i love her outfit and hair! such a beautiful girl! the party sounds unique and fun!

john and amber said...

OUCH!! I'm so sorry about your feet. Congratulations on your role though, how exciting! Jenavieve looked absolutely beautiful all dressed up for her tea party...how fun for her!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Honey you looked magnificent. I always wanted to take you to the Mother's Day tea party here in Moses Lake. You will have to tell me all about it. Good luck with the dance part. Keep practicing. Love you loads of peanuts.

G.Kathy

Debbie Courson Smith said...

Ugh. Been there at one point(e) in my life and remember how frustrating that there is nothing that can really be done except wait for time to heal the blisters. Great news on your role! I hope that will keep your thoughts away from your feet.

Anonymous said...

Jaimi,
Sorry about those feet and oh my goodness I see you in Jenavieve sooo much! Literally from your toes to the top of your head. Love you girls and miss you!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment