So I have found this amazing 'natural healer' here in Boise. I was first referred to her by one of the dancers for acupuncture on my achilles tendonitis. My achilles at the time was horrendously swollen, non-danceable and it even hurt to walk on. After three visits involving acupuncture and the really amazing mud packing on my achilles - BAM! I was healed. This woman is healer woman extraordinaire in my eyes. So....I started thinking, what else can I have her fix?...without seeming too needy :) I have been back to her for visits here and there for overall health (good sleep, decrease stress, memory, focus). I have been highly in need of some natural healing, or any healing for overall well being, so I enjoyed a 2 hour visit yesterday and it was b-l-i-s-s. I always show up all frenzied like with a million things going on in hurry-hurry mode. Yesterday was no different and then within minutes I am in a warm recliner with needles all over me slowing fading into bliss. It doesn't hurt, I promise. I have been trying to convince Jenavieve of this and to try it. If one of the needles is inserted and you feel pressure, it will fade fast or she will remove it. Her name is Frances, she is about my age and a very cool chick. She puts the needles in my legs, feet, hands, arms and forehead and we talk. We speak mainly about her practice, nutrition, life. After about 20 minutes I can feel the energy and chi moving around in my body. Sometimes I feel like I am floating. After about 20 minutes of conversation with Frances, all I can suddenly contribute to the conversation is a few "un-huh's". So relaxed. She lets me be for an hour or so with the lights low and the meditative music playing. I love my acupuncture and can really notice a difference in how I feel. I think it may become my weekly habit.
5 comments:
Oh, I am fascinated by acupuncture. I've always been to scared to do it though. I may have to try it sometime.
Do you feel prepared for your latest show? It sounds like a lot of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into it. You'll have to post pictures!
My sisters do acupuncture, too, and they say it's amazing! I think I'll have to try it sometime...you made me all relaxed just by reading your post!
i have a friend who also swears by it...that she is addicted...i am so glad it works for you!! makes me think of a spa-like experience!
Yes, you should all try it. I think a huge part of it is finding a good acupunturist who you feel comfortable with, but I can't wait to go back.
Lindsay, I am kind of prepared for my next show. Many blood, sweats and tears have gone into it. The official cast list has not gone up yet, so I am crossing my fingers still that I get cast and hold my role. I will for sure post pictures.
Yes, you should all try it. I think a huge part of it is finding a good acupunturist who you feel comfortable with, but I can't wait to go back.
Lindsay, I am kind of prepared for my next show. Many blood, sweats and tears have gone into it. The official cast list has not gone up yet, so I am crossing my fingers still that I get cast and hold my role. I will for sure post pictures.
Post a Comment