Thursday, February 19, 2009

You Tube

Hey...so my dear friend Vanessa (who moved to Rochester, NY the same time we moved to Boise and I miss her so so much) posted a piece of her choreography that Ryan and I dance in on 'You Tube'. I thought I would share with some of my blogger buddies.

Vanessa is an amazing choreographer and I miss dancing with her so much. She created this piece titled "Soul Shadows" last spring. It is a beautiful contemporary dance that is only one movement of the whole piece involving 4 movements that she will to set someday. She cast Ryan and I in this piece and I really loved dancing this piece as it was so heart felt. Vanessa sent me an email the other day saying she had an assignment for one of her classes to post some of her choreography on "You Tube" and she used this piece. So I thought I would blog about it so ya'all could look it up. I have to add a little disclaimer for mine and Ryan's ego's - this was not our best performance of this piece. It was a little rough and maybe not quite ready for the stage yet. I know Vanessa would agree. We did get another two shots at performing it last year, which went really well and Vanessa was pleased with. It's really an honor to dance a friends choreography. I really wanted to present her choreography the best I could and make her happy with the outcome. So the link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGs-Z5K39a4

Oh, and p.s. the lighting guy didn't get the hang of it until about 30 seconds into the piece, so bare with the bad lighting in the beginning.

3 comments:

The Odenriders said...

I watched you dance. You are amazing. Just makes me miss you so! I sure hope that you all are doing good! I am sure you are. Oh and I am still very proud of you for following your dreams. You are an amazing dancer and person! I miss just talking about everything. Let me know the next time you in town. I would love to see you. If you don't make it up for my bday I totally understand, it is a long drive! Miss you!!

Erin said...

wow...amazing..simply amazing! i loved it...wow...i am going to post on my blog if you don't mind? i would love to see you dance in person sometime soon! erin

::lindsay said...

I am so glad you put this link up. I absolutely loved it. You did such an amazing job. Seriously, you are such a beautiful dancer. Wow!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment