Wednesday, January 14, 2009

douceur de vivre

Jenavieve enjoyed her two week Christmas break. She had a few play dates and sleep overs with friends. I remember being a 9 year old; life revolved around play dates and sleep overs. The neighbor girl Maya was over the other night and the girls borrowed some of my high heels, used the runner on the piano bench as a shawl, a pencil for a microphone and did "fashion interviews". The funniest part was that they both took on French, or some sort of European accent. I pretended to be busy on my computer, but it was a riot. Jenavieve is continuing to sing in the before school choir 3 days a week and dancing after school three days a week too (ballet, jazz and tap). Last week in her ballet class "Mr. Anastos" (the director of Ballet Idaho) observed and hand selected 16 students that were asked to perform in our next show, "A Midsummer Nights Dream" as bugs and fairies. Jenavieve was choosen and was pretty excited about it. Didn't surprise me a bit. The girl holds her own and is a great little dancer. She is hoping to be a fairy, but I told her she will always get chances in ballet to be a fairy, how many times does the part of "bug" come around. I vote for the bug. We will wait and see what she is cast as. It will be cool to be on stage together again. Midsummer is on February 28th. You should all come. As for school, Jenavieve is working hard and her spelling grades are improving. We stretch and study her words each night together. So, funny story....the other morning when I dropped Jenavieve off in front of school, I had my first official moment of being an embarassing parent....and I loved it! As she got out of the car and started walking toward the entrance to school, I honked so she would turn around and look at me. I rolled down my window and said "I LOVE YOU!" I got the lowered chin and wide eyes telling me that I SO embarassed her. Luckily, she has a great sense of humor and knows I think this is SO hilarious. When she saw me laughing in the car, she started laughing too and probably thinking her mother is crazy. The next morning I told her I was going to roll down the window and make animal sounds to her.....she started to get worried and was beggin me not too. Ah, I love it.

I started working on-site at Idaho Elks Rehab Hospital this week. My company (Outreach Services) just got a contract to go work some patient accounts for them. This is great news for me, because it means I have my work cut out for me in Boise getting things up and running for a new client. Well after a week on-site at Elks, I was told to stop working their accounts for the time being as there are some contract details to be worked out still. I am crossing my fingers things work out, but also know everything happens for a reason. So I am back to work in my sweats on my couch which I don't mind one bit and I am still being kept busy doing audits for Outreach Services. Next week we are back to dancing full time and we begin working on Midsummer. Christmas break was nice and my body was able to relax, but I am ready to get back into the dancing madness.

4 comments:

Erin said...

you have the best relationship with your daughter! i love it, i can totally picture you rollin down your window and yelling it...i will do the same when the time comes! ha ha! what a good little girl she is! she is taking after her momma in the dance dept, i wish i could come see one of your shows, some day...i promise!!! so good to read about your life, i sure hope your work deal works out...but you are right, whatever happens, happens...

::lindsay said...

I, too, loved the story about you embarrassing her. I could totally picture it too. I kissed Carson on the cheek the other day as he was getting out of the car and you could tell he was hoping no one was watching.

Oh, how I wish I could come see both of you in Midsummer's Night Dream! I'm going to be gone around the end of February, but I would love to try to come see you in the April show.

I hope your work deal works out too. What is it exactly that you do?

Two bunheads said...

Hey Lindsay and Erin...thanks for your comments. Just wait, you will both get to be embarassing parents too. I guess we can only embrace the moment. Someday you guys will have to come to a show or maybe we will be touring next year and come close to you guys. To answer your question Lindsay, i work for a company that gets contracts with hospitals to work with the patient who are uninsured or patients that are in the hospital because of some sort of accident where a third party is responsible for paying their bill. We help the patients to apply for resources to help cover their bills (Medicaid, Workers comp, auto insurance, etc.).

Take care!

Jaimi

john and amber said...

What a fun life you dancing girls lead! :) I love to hear about all of your adventures. I hope everything works out well with Outreach!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment