Jenavieve got an invite to one of her ballet friends birthday parties next weekend. It is a tea party at a fancy tea house and the kids can dress up in 1800's apparel if they want too. I had to google "1800's clothing" to get an idea. Basically it's fancy dresses with big bussels, fancy hats, white gloves....you get the picture. So we went hunting....and got lost in a few thrift stores which is one of my most favorite things to do. Jenavieve kept picking up things asking, "Is this 80's?" I had to re-direct her to the right time period, but she was finding lots of 80's garb which is all over the place these days and I can hardly stand it. We came home with this really cool pink fur jacket ($7) that is 1800 enough for us ........and with a skateboard. Jenavieve picked up this skateboard and asked if she could buy it. I don't know what made me think it was ok, but I secretly wanted to skateboard too I think. I started to make the rules about always wearing a helmet and tennis shoes (not clogs) every time she rides it. So she bought it with her "A money" and we took turns skating in the kitchen. Click on the picture to see our album of skateboarding pictures.....
![]() |
| The skateboard |
We start back dancing full time tomorrow from lay off. I always think I am going to die the first week back after having a break. I did take maitenance classes last week to begin to get back into shape, but the first week back to 8 hours of dancing a day is a killer. I am ready for it...bring it on. I just bought a new bag of epsom salts to soak in. Prepared.

5 comments:
You are such a fun mom! I want to be like you when I grow up! :) Such darling pictures...it makes me want to buy a skateboard now.
Thanks Amber. We have lots of fun. Don't buy a skateboard though.....I was standing on it tonight in the hallway and it slid right out from under me and I broke a blood vessel in my foot! I am ok, but I have a big purple swollen bump on my foot now and of course tomorrow is when I start dancing.....figures. I think we are going to put the skateboard away for awhile.
Okay, seriously, I bet you are the funnest mom ever. Do Jenevieve's friends get all jealous of her because she has the hip, fun mom?
Wow, and dancing 8 hours a day--that's amazing! You really will need those epson salts! Do you dance full time like that all the time or does it go in spurts?
Those movies sound like a fun way to beat the inversion. Have you noticed that we haven't seen the sun in over two weeks now. Having this happen so long is unusual, I haven't seen it in quite a few years. Eat lots of vitamin D foods while watching movies!
Hey girls, cute skateboard pics. Jenavieve don't leave that in the hall at night or someone could get seriouly hurt.
Good job on the tests and quizzes girl.. keep up the good work.
Love the pink fluff coat. Remember pinky fingers up and use your napkin not your sleeve.
Love, G.MOM
Post a Comment