Yes, we are still not unpacked....I have been busy working from home this week and staring at everything that needs to be unpacked still. I am highly considering an estate sale at this point. Jenavieve started 3rd grade this week at Whitney Elementary. It is about a minute drive from our house which is nice. Whitney is close to 100 years old, so it is a very funky "old school" school. They are building a new Whitney Elementary right next too it and this will be the last year in the old Whitney - kinda cool. Jenavieve has a very nice teacher, Mrs. McGrady and seems to be adapting to school very well as expected. The school is a bit "rough" as they say and as soon as there is an opening in our neighborhood school, Monroe Elementary, we will try to get her in there if she isn't too settled at Whitney. Jenavieve joined the Whitney school choir and has choir practice every morning. She thinks grandpa Bill will be proud of this she said. She has made some friends also, but in Jenavieve style - "can't remember their names, but they are my friends." We also signed her up for her ballet classes, two a week and a jazz class at Ballet Idaho that she will begin in another week. Dancer in training.
As for me....Ballet Idaho had some evening classes this week for whomever has made it to town so we dancers can start getting into shape for our big start date of Sept 2. I have to be honest and say, I have not been so frightened to walk into a ballet class in a very long time. I'm in right....I shouldn't be nervous....but that was not the case. Not too mention, I was in tote with the lovely Miss Jenavieve and her dvd player and homework to set up in the hallway of Ballet Idaho.....hope the director Mr. Anastos doesn't mind my theater rat daughter :) Well I have survived the classes and I can tell I will learn a lot. I haven't sweated so much in my life. The dancers are very good. I am very sore and am still alive. At this point, still being alive is an accomplishment and the season hasn't started yet. The dancers so far are quite nice. It is strange since this is a whole ballet company is starting anew so people are coming in from all over the place. Some of the dancers know each other, but most of us are in the same boat of just arriving in Boise and not knowing much of anything. Some of the dudes in the company can do 7 pirouettes or more.....I just stare. At this point, I am excited and enjoying the pre-season classes, working my ass off and speaking very encouraging words to myself ("You can do this"..." You do not suck" ...." This is not pre-ballet class"...."Focus and be present and don't forget to breath!") on an hourly basis. My mom would be proud. Well happy Labor Day all...I will get some pics up soon when I find my camera in a box somewhere.
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
1 comment:
wow jaimi! so neat to hear you living your dream as a ballerina! i am so proud of you! i picture in my head like that one movie...and now i can't even remember the name...but it's that once dance movie...ANYWAYS, can't wait to see pics of your house and everything that surrounds you!
you are going to do great...you are so talented!
Post a Comment