Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Living the dream is hard work and a bit painful

Well I have made it through the first week and a half of dancing all day long. We get to the studio at about 9:30 am and stretch. Class starts at 10:15 to 11:45. Then we get a 15 minute break and straight into rehearsal from 12:00 until 6:30. We get a lunch break from 2:30 to 3:00 daily. I am understudying 2 ballets right now...meaning I stand on the sidelines and learn everything in a 4x4 area, ready to jump in when needed. Lots of brain work. It's good for me. The understudy's do get runs of the ballets also to show them our stuff, so this is good. Can I just say that Pointe shoes are evil things. They don't hurt so bad when you are dancing, but wearing them 8 hours a day and not constantly dancing, my legs throb from the knees down. I crave a bucket of ice to stick my legs in and that is sick! I somehow love this though. I hope my body is just going through an adaptation period and will get used to this torture. I am feeling much more comfortable with the company and have met some nice people. I have been working my "Outreach Services" job remotely for an hour or two ealry morning and then when I get home from work at night. This is where exhaustion hits. Luckily Ryan likes to cook dinner and so I get good dinners and Jenavieve helps him out and does her homework. Well that is all for now. I feel exhausted and a bit delerious so I better sign off!

1 comment:

Erin said...

a month or two down the road, you'll be a pro to your schedule and start to feel used to all the hard work at ballet - right? :) gosh, you are in such good shape compared to me....ha ha! anyways, take care and maybe you should invest in a foot massage/pedicure...it would feel wonderful!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment