We made it to Boise! All the schtuff fit in the Penske truck with not a square inch to spare. Packing a Penske is an art....Ryan did lovely and Phaedra, 7 months pregnant, was great moral support and choreographed the Penske pack. My friends who came to help, left with some things that just would not fit and I was getting to the point of wanting to give it all away. I think I sent most on their way with a plant or two. Thanks friends who helped - you saved a ballerina's back!
Thursday morning we got a late start hitting the road, around noon. Jenavieve and I rode with Bill (Ryan's Pa) in the Penske and Ryan and his mom rode in my car. We took the extra long scenic route through Lewiston that Ryan swears saved us gas money. The drive was two lanes, but absolutely gorgeous. I told Jenavieve it was God's country, just breath taking. By 11 pm, we were still not in Boise....Bill, Jenavieve and I were singing and talking in alien voices. Jenavieve had a couple sugar highs throughout the day and performed a 30 minute "handy mandy show" with one of those sticky hands you throw and they stick. Raw entertainment. I think we were still sane. We arrived at our cute little brick house around midnight and we love it!!! Huge back yard, hardwood floors, french doors, fireplace -a very unique little house. We cracked the champagne Darla gave to us (thanks Dar!) and toasted to a good Boise beginning. We headed to the closest cheap hotel and fell in bed.
Friday morning we headed back to the house and much to our surprise, we had all of our neighbors there ready to meet us and help unload....your kidding right! Our next door neighbors have a little girl Jenavieve's age that she made friends with right away. Her first friend in Boise. They have hung out a couple times in the last few days. The penske truck (with two pianos in it) was unloaded in about 2 hours and we met our great neighbor folk! Ryan and I began unpacking a bit - we took a break to meet Bill and Theresa for Mexican food and a dip in the pool/hot tub at the Hilton (fabulous hotel if anyone wants a great place to stay in Boise) and then we went back to the house, cracked a box of wine and began decorating until 4 am.....Ryan says his best interior decorating ideas come at the wee hours of the morning....I just went to the garage and started breaking down boxes because that is all my brain could make sense of.
The next day, Saturday we continued to unpack and take much needed breaks on the back patio - which is also fabulous. Ryan headed back to Spokane with the folks to work for a week and Jenavieve and I are living among boxes, slowly finding places for things. We took a Sunday evening jot downtown so I could show Jenavieve the funky cool downtown area and the Esther Simplot Performing Arts Center where we will be dancing. We also stopped by "Julia Davis Park" and walked through the rose gardens and sat in the grass and listened to a band playing. We now sit in a cool little local coffee shop with good cup a joe and gelato for the kid and free wireless - yes. Downtown Boise is so freakin cool - I love it! The three days we have spent in Boise have been great, things are falling in to place. The weather has been absolutley great, if you like hot sunshine. Come visit and we Love you all.
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
2 comments:
sounds like your move went well and that you are finding your nitch...so nice that your neighbors greeted you guys! how great! can't wait to hear more about things!! erin
Thanks Erin, ya it's going good. I love downtown Boise - it is very cool. I just got internet access at home today so hopefully will do more soon. Hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment