Sunday, April 12, 2009

Wish you were here

So what have we been up too......it's been awhile since I posted.

Yay, spring is here and we are going to get our garden started soon. All of our seedlings inside are doing awesome and craving the ground outside. I have re-arranged our whole dining and living area to accompany the seedlings, but it has been great having life indoors.

My parents and sis came to visit a couple weeks ago. We had a great visit. We celebrated my mom's 37th or something birthday. I taught my sis my first guitar song. We just hung out and had a good time.





We have been back in full swing at the ballet company working on our last show of the season which is a mixed rep of three ballets. I am cast in one of the ballets - "The Rite of Spring", music by Stravinsky, which is a rollercoaster just to be able to count. I have came to the conclusion that I should just play the music over and over and learn it inside and out and feel it instead of trying to count it. The Rite of Spring is very modern, very tribal. I love it. Contemporary. My favorite part so far is where we are literally tossed into the air repeatedly and I am partnered with the biggest guy (6'5, probably double my weight) in the company who throws me higher than I have ever been. So much fun! So much sweat. May 1, 2, 3....you should come.

I am infatuated with a rockstar apparently. I met this lovely man a week ago with a voice from heaven. He is so sweet to me from afar. He lives in Cali and is touring the country right now with his band. He is the lead singer and guitar player. I thought he was a normal guy who I had met that played in a band until I googled his band a couple days later and got massive results. They were just interviewed by Rolling Stone magazine and are on MTV later this month. I had no clue and instantly became a groupie which I never thought I would be. We are pen pals and communicate daily....ah, my love life, when will it ever become realistic? I remain a dreamer, but can smile.



Easter. What an interesting Easter. Had my neighbor jump start my car so I could go to church. We have been going to this amazing church for the last 6 months or so. Pastor Bob makes christianity make sense and real. The walk with Him has been transforming and amazing. So, Jenavieve went and found us seats for the Easter service which was packed and girl got us front row seats! We could smell the flowers on the alter. After church, asked someone to jump my car to get it started and decided to drive to Wal Mart or Costco to get my batterie checked....on of the two places I figured would be open Easter Sunday. Well on our lovely Sunday morning drive, sun beautifully shining on us, my car decided to stop running in one of the most busiest intersections in Boise. Jenavieve started crying and told me to "do something". I popped my hood and got my jumper cabled out in my high heels and hoped someone would get the picture and stop to help. Eventually someone did and got us going again. The nearest place was my favorite store..... :).....Wal Mart (NOT). But, at this deseperate moment, I would take any service center or any person willing to help me. We had big Easter plans to be over at some friends house in 45 minutes....time crunch. Jenavieve was devastated that we were not going to make it to Gabby's grandparents house for the easter celebration. The Wal Mart car shop said it would be an hour or two. It was sunny out. I told Jenavieve "We go buy chocolate and sit outside the Wal Mart tire shop in the beautiful sunshine and get sick on chocolate." She was game and the tears soon faded into an eager smile as soon as we got into the discount easter candy aisle. Well next thing we know, to make a long story short....the tire guy felt sorry for Jenavieve missing her easter and got the car in and out in 20 minutes. I paid only $43 for the new battery because apparently I still had a warranty on the last battery that I had no idea was purchased at Wal Mart and we were a little late, but on our way to Gabbie, Kathy and Franks grandparents house for Easter. We had a fabulous dinner, company and easter egg hunt. Then the kids hid easter gifts for us and we had to find them! What a great day it ended up to be. The night was so nice still when we got home, that Jenavieve and I rode our bikes to the tennis court and played some tennis.

Happy Easter everyone. Hope yours was interesting and lovely too!









3 comments:

::lindsay said...

I'm so glad you didn't have to miss your Easter celebration. That would have been so sad!

Looks like you had fun with your family too!

Erin said...

you need to tell me more about this rock star jaimi!! where did you meet him?
love the pics! we had car issues too on easter...ha!

john and amber said...

You are such a good mom to make a fun situation out of a possible miserable one. You have been one busy lady! You need to give more info about this new man in your life! :) Love all the cute Easter pics. Hope you are doing well!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment