Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Miles of Smiles

We have been busy girls lately just livin. It's been pretty great. We've had some really nice sunny days here in Boise, out riding our bikes all day and getting sunburned even. Other days have been a bit overcast and are sweater weather. We finished digging up one of our two gardens in our backyard. Digging up sod is not an easy task. I do need a man sometimes and even though Ryan did half the work and is a man, I don't think he would mind having a handsome man help out either. Sorry...is that too much??

A couple weeks ago Uncle Polo was able to come home for 2 weeks from Iraq. He has been over there since August 2008 serving his country. He has another 6 weeks (maybe, we are all praying for him to only have to be there 6 more weeks) or 3 months at the most left over there before he is home for good. We had a great visit and met his girlfriend Tiffany who was a sweetheart. We ate, drank and laughed a lot. Jenavieve was really excited to hang out with her uncle who she misses a lot. The pictures are pretty funny. Polo left his military formal jacket at Ryan's house last summer, so when Polo first got here, Ryan had his jacket on and a blonde wig..."a.k.a, Polo's wife." Was hilarious.



So last week I took Jenavieve to her first rock concert. We saw Brandi Carlile who we both love. The concert was at the Knitting Factory which is a smaller venue and we were only a few rows back. It was a GREAT concert. Jenavieve was one of about three kids in the audience, but she loved it. We wish it was a bit earlier in the evening because she was getting a little tired and it was a school night, but that's the party life right?? During the concert Brandi Carlile threw a few guitar picks out into the audience. At the end of the concert I looked down at the floor between Jenavieve and I and spotted a pick lying there so I tapped Jenavieve on the shoulder and told her to look down. She thought she was pretty hot finding a pick. After the show, everyone cleared out pretty fast. I stood in line to buy a cd and Jenavieve milled around the stage. I think one of the stage hands noticed her and went back and said something to Brandi because the next thing I know Brandi Carlile was walking up to Jenavieve talking to her. I left my place in line to go "claim my daughter" and meet Brandi myself. The only parts of the conversation I heard was Brandi asking Jenavieve if she plays any instruments and if she spells her name with a "G" and Jenavieve said "no". I did get one picture of them together. What a great first rock concert for her! She walked away pretty happy. I did tell her that at most concerts, she shouldn't expect to meet the musicians and that was a pretty special thing to happen. What a great memory!





We have our last Ballet Idaho show this weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It's a ballet with 3 reps (pieces) and I am in one of the pieces, "The Rite of Spring". Our ballet master, Alex set the piece and I really love working with him. He has a heavy German accent though so sometimes you are left thinking..."what did he just say?" It's a 35 minute piece in which all the dancers never exit the stage once. It is madness cardio and I don't know if I have ever sweated so much in my life. I love that kind of sweat that you can thoroughly enjoy it. It is very un-balletic. It is more of a ritual bringing the rain and we are the tribe who sacrafices one of our own for the rain. It is very intense. I love it. At one point some of the girls are thrown repeately into the air and then caught. I was matched up with the biggest guy (6'2) in the company so when he throws me I hardly come down! So fun and the closest to flying I have been. The music is Stravinsky and you cannot count it at all, you just have to know the music and know the accents of the music. Wish me merde, I will need it.

So a few of you have inquired about the "rockstar". I try to keep my love life (little of it there is) out of my blog, but he is worth mentioning. I find I tend to refer to men I have dated not by their names, but by occupation...."the dentist"...."the fireman"...."the cutie boy who works at the mexican restaurant". (Yes I have dated these people and am so picky I still cannot find a husband!) That is so bad! It is soooo 'Sex and the City' if any of you watch that. I have never been good with names though! So....anyways...the rockstar. He makes me smile and I am in love with his voice, but it is so ultimately unrealistic. He is in New York and still touring. We talk occasionally and text lots, but beyond that I am just left wondering if I will ever see this person again....ahh, I just leave it to fate and enjoy the small happiness I can from finding someone I think is my match. Boo-hoo, I know.

Click on the picture below to see more photos.

April 2009

No comments:

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment