Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Plantin' cucumbers in my kickin' Converse

Jenavieve bought some new kicks and an alarm clock this last weekend with her moo-lah from Grandma Kathy. Check out her first converse. Polo, she thought you would like them since they are "army".



Pretty fierce.

She has her own little Punky Brewster style going on.



We welcomed spring by starting some seedlings. So excited cuz our landlords gave the ok for a garden in our backyard. I went bananas and bought massive veggie and flower seeds. I get crazy about planting - just love it. Ryan likes gardening too and was talking about a circular garden. I told him to design it, so we will see what we get....I am sure it will be great. Oh, and he dug up a rose bush from our vacant neighbors yard and transplanted it into our yard. I laughed so hard.





Tuesday was "Parent Observation Day" in Jenavieve's ballet class. She is very back and forth on liking it if mom watches her dance. She definetly doesn't like any advice, feedback or corrections from me. That has been a fine line, because I want to give her information to help her, but only if she wants it. So, this week she was pretty excited that I came to watch her class. I thoroughly enjoyed it and am really proud of her. She is working so hard in ballet and improving so much. I always ask her if she likes dancing because I want her to do it because she loves it, not because she was raised with ballet all around her. I know how hard the ballet world is and am a bit on the fence as to which direction I should sway Jenavieve in the dance world. I leave it entirely up to her and if she wants to become a truck driver tomorrow, I am fine with that too. But for today, she seems to really love all of her dancing.









St. Paddy's Day was eventful for this Irish girl, but that's a whole blog on it's own. But today, today I got my first GEE-TAR! An old friend, sent me his in the mail. I have been wanting to learn the guitar for awhile and here I go. Day one, I learned "Ode to Joy" by Beethoven right off of you tube. I will keep you all posted on my progress and will post some pictures of my new love soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

cute pics james...looks like you guys have been having fun times. i love hearing about your world! you'll have to tell about your st. patty adventure!

Anonymous said...

Good job gardeners of the world. I know a new career for both of you.
Jenavieve I love the new shoes... very uptown, downtown and around town. My next question is: Is the alarm clock helping the tardy issue?? I hope so. Maybe with it getting lighter sooner will help you too knuckle heads wake up.

Love, G. Kathy

Anonymous said...

P.S. And what about St. Pattty's day??

Two bunheads said...

The alarm is working about 50% of the time, which is better than we were doing. She needs to remember to turn it on and also to get up when it goes off. We are just night owls.

john and amber said...

Love the converse!! Jenavieve is the cutest. I missed not being able to see you last week when we were in Spokane, Jaimi! I love St. Patty's Day too...can't wait to hear what you did. Have fun with your guitar!

Jenavieve

Jenavieve
Age 9

Jaimi

Jaimi

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

First day of 3rd grade at Whiteney Elementary

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment

Ballet in the backyard...cheap entertainment