![]() |
| Christmas 08 pics |
Cranky air travel people...we saw them this year. It was kind of exciting to be in Seatac airport on Christmas Eve. You just have to make every experience a positive one. Nothing a little hot buttered rum can't fix....delayed flights...just sit back and watch the show and enjoy the time off work with your loved ones (Jenavieve) even if it is in an airport. People watching 101. But they seem so unentertained they stare back at you. I heard and saw ambulances out on the runway at Seatac. Apparently they were boarding passengers on the planes, then de-ciing them. One of the planes had a vent open and de-icer got into the cabin and travelers started getting sick inhaling de-icer. Those Seattalites shouldn't be let lose to use the de-icer fluid freely. After delays in each airport we approached, Jenavieve and I made it to Spokane to see the massive mess of snow. Mom and Dad picked us up and we hit I-90 to ML. The drive to ML was a white-knuckle one. 40 mph on I-90 and every car that passed us caused a 4 second whiteout. Talk about a nightmare white Christmas. We made it safely to Moses Hole on Christmas Eve night after a full day of traveling and sunk into the McGuire hot tub. My hamstrings were in heaven, my curls had icycles hanging from them. Christmas eve....ahh.
We had a great Christmas, quaint with the immediate family. The rest of the family was absent this holiday due to the weather. It was great to see Kel, Nick and their crossed eyed (JJ Kel :) dog Cabella. Jenavieve loved hanging out in the snow with Cabella and taught her how to skip. Mom stuffed us with food. The 5 pounds I think I dropped in Waltz of the Flowers nestled back onto my body in the form of cookies, cheese logs and wine. We went to church on Christmas morning and saw Kel sing in the choir. She even had a solo in "Oh Holy Night" and hit the high notes! We must have been on our best behavior this last year, because Santa and the family spoiled us again and sent us home with an extra suit case of stuff. Christmas day Jenavieve and I visited Grandpa Paul, Esmer,Gabriel and Celina their extended family and played some Wi (is that how you spell that Nintendo game?). We also had a great dinner and visit with Grandma Stella and Grandpa Gary too. We are very blessed to have such loving people in our lives.
We made it back to Boise on the 27th and Santa left a stocking full for Jenavieve and mine ....empty....what does that mean? The fat man also left some gifts under our decorated house plants. Jenavieve has had some real serious questions about Santa this year and in "believing". She is starting to seriously question his existence and the details of how his job really works. A questioning time as a parent as well that approaches you quite abruptly. A fork in the road. I told her to ask Santa herself any questions she had and if he didn't answer them directly then I would. What is Christmas about anyways? We turned our newly beloved radio show "Da Li Laaaa" on the tuner, stared at our pretty Christmas lights and spent a warm evening home.
We had a great Christmas, quaint with the immediate family. The rest of the family was absent this holiday due to the weather. It was great to see Kel, Nick and their crossed eyed (JJ Kel :) dog Cabella. Jenavieve loved hanging out in the snow with Cabella and taught her how to skip. Mom stuffed us with food. The 5 pounds I think I dropped in Waltz of the Flowers nestled back onto my body in the form of cookies, cheese logs and wine. We went to church on Christmas morning and saw Kel sing in the choir. She even had a solo in "Oh Holy Night" and hit the high notes! We must have been on our best behavior this last year, because Santa and the family spoiled us again and sent us home with an extra suit case of stuff. Christmas day Jenavieve and I visited Grandpa Paul, Esmer,Gabriel and Celina their extended family and played some Wi (is that how you spell that Nintendo game?). We also had a great dinner and visit with Grandma Stella and Grandpa Gary too. We are very blessed to have such loving people in our lives.
We made it back to Boise on the 27th and Santa left a stocking full for Jenavieve and mine ....empty....what does that mean? The fat man also left some gifts under our decorated house plants. Jenavieve has had some real serious questions about Santa this year and in "believing". She is starting to seriously question his existence and the details of how his job really works. A questioning time as a parent as well that approaches you quite abruptly. A fork in the road. I told her to ask Santa herself any questions she had and if he didn't answer them directly then I would. What is Christmas about anyways? We turned our newly beloved radio show "Da Li Laaaa" on the tuner, stared at our pretty Christmas lights and spent a warm evening home.

2 comments:
Jaimi,
I found your blog through Erin's blog and am so glad I did. Wow! You've had some exciting stuff going on! I didn't know you had moved to Boise. I'm so proud of you! I think it's amazing that you are dancing with Ballet Idaho. Your daughter is beautiful and it sounds like you are very happy. My sister-in-law and her family live in Boise and I would love to come see you and catch a performance too. When are your performances for '09? Email me at lindsaybates@charter.net.
i love the pics...so fun to see kelly and your parents...i haven't seen them in awhile! looks like a great xmas...jenanieve is beautiful!! wow!
Post a Comment