Jenavieve and I got to make a quick trip back to Spo-vegas this week. I had a 2 day meeting for work, so I brought Jenavieve along for the ride and though it was short, it was sweet. Mom and Dad came up to hang out with Jenavieve while I was in working. They took her up to her old school two times to see all of her old friends and get mobbed by them. She was really glad to see all of her old buds and really they have been keeping in touch quite well. We celebrated my dad's 60th birthday and had a BBQ at my grandpa Mac's house. I was glad we could be there for that. My work put me up in a room at the Spokane Club and also fed me really good meals. I was quite indulgent for not dancing for a few days and eating delicious free food on the company dime. I ate steak for lunch and dinner one day. I also got to see some friends also, which was great and not enough time.
We came back to Boise for the weekend and Ryan and I attacked the multiple rose bushes in the yard next door. There is no one living in the house and they have these massive rose bushes that we have been able to make gorgeous rose bouquets from since we moved here. We seriously have about 3 to 4 vases going consistently of fresh roses. It is magnificent and has turned Ryan and I both into old ladies even though Ryan already was one. So we figured that since we have taken from the bushes, we should take care for them and hopefully we will get beautiful roses next year too (and no one will move in!). So we chopped those evil pokey bushes down and that is dangerous business! I do enjoy chopping with large clippers.....is that creepy??? Jenavieve made a Halloween ginger bread house which is comparable to a "Christmas" ginger bread house, but different colored frosting and candy. We rummaged at a local thrift store today for her costume. She is going to be a witch.
Today I also took some really beautiful fall pictures of Jenavieve in our back yard. I will post one (or maybe more if I ever figure it out). Our back yard is beautiful right now with all the different plants. The "florist" in Ryan emerged today and he made this massive fall bouquet of different types of fall foliage and the few roses that remained. I swear this flower arrangement could probably sell for $75 from a florist. If I ever get married, he will definitely be doing my flowers.
I never know how to end these blogs.....peace out
This feed has moved and will be deleted soon. Please update your
subscription now.
6 years ago
1 comment:
sounds like things are going very well for you jaimi! give me a call and we can do the pictures on the blog over the phone, much easier to explain...have a good week!
Post a Comment